Reminder To Fit Working Smoke Detectors After Ruthin Fire

Reminder To Fit Working Smoke Detectors After Ruthin Fire


Sunday 15th Dec 2019


North Wales Fire and Rescue Service are reminding residents to fit working smoke detectors after two people were rescued at a house in Ruthin.

Firefighters were alerted after reports of a smoke detector sounding at an address in Railway Terrace, Ruthin at 9.30pm on Friday November 22.

Two appliances attended and firefighters rescued two people who were taken to hospital  by ambulance suffering the effects of smoke inhalation. They have since been discharged.

It is understood that food cooking in the kitchen had been left unattended.

Station Manager, Mike Edwards said; " This incident demonstrates the importance of fitting working smoke detectors and is a reminder that cooking food should never be left unattended."

For information and advice on home safety and fitting smoke detectors, please contact North Wales Fire and Rescue Service.