Two appliances from Wrexham, one from Llangollen and one from Oswestry attended a property fire in the Llangollen area yesterday at 2.22pm (Monday 16th August). The fire was under control by 3.20pm and resources remained on scene until 5:48pm.
The fire is thought to have started in the kitchen due to an electrical fault in the dishwasher.
Adam Leatham, from North Wales Fire and Rescue Service, said: “There were no smoke alarms installed within this property that could have given early warning of the fire. It’s vital to be prepared should the worst happen – make sure you have a smoke alarm and do not tamper with it. If it does not work then please get in touch with us to help you address this.
“A working smoke alarm can give you the time you need to get out, stay out, and call 999. Keep yourself and your loved ones safe by testing your alarm regularly and by planning and practising an escape route.”
“We offer free safe and well checks for all residents – a member of the Service will give fire safety hints and tips, help you to formulate a fire escape plan and provide new alarms - all free of charge.
“To register for a free safe and well check, please call our Freephone number between 9am and 5pm on 0800 169 1234, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.northwalesfire.gov.wales”