Chip Chip Hooray – Free Microchipping for Dogs
A series of free microchipping events will be held across Pembrokeshire throughout April.
Pembrokeshire County Council’s Dog Wardens will be out and about undertaking the procedures at a series of events throughout the month.
From April 6th, it will be compulsory to have your dog Microchipped.
The events will take place at the following locations:
- Wednesday 6th April, Point Youth Club, Fishguard, 10am – 12noon and 1pm – 3pm
- Monday 11th April, Scales and Tails, Milford Haven, 10.30am – 3pm
- Thursday 14th April, Haven Wild Bird and Pet Food Shop, City Road, Haverfordwest, 10.30am – 3pm,
- Monday 18th April, Foundry House, Pembroke, 10.30am – 3pm
- Sunday 24th April, Horse Warehouse, Unit 14, Withybush Showground, Haverfordwest, 10am – 2pm
- Tuesday 26th April, The Pet Shop in the Market, Tenby 10.30am – 3.30pm
“Having a dog Microchipped increases the chances of it being returned home should it go missing,” said Ruth Edwards, one of the dog wardens who will be performing the simple procedures.
“No appointment is necessary and there is no limit on the number of dogs owners can bring along. It’s quick and easy to do and once it’s done there is no need to do it again.
“Should a change of details be needed such as when the owner moves home, then the owner or registered person can do so by contacting the chip company”
Meanwhile, Pembrokeshire County Council has awarded Greenacres Animal rescue with the contract to help reunite lost dogs with their owners.
Spotted something? Got a story? Email News@News.Wales