Posted: Sat 15th Oct 2016

Own A New Home In Tonyrefail

news.wales / newyddion.cymru
This article is old - Published: Saturday, Oct 15th, 2016

Residents looking for a first home of their own can secure a brand new property in Padfield Court, Tonyrefail for less than £89,000* as part of Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s innovative Homestep Scheme. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

The scheme sees the authority working with housing developers to ensure a percentage of new-build homes are offered to first-time buyers at an affordable price*. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

This helps them on to the property ladder, while also boosting the local housing market and associated trade/employment opportunities. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

Homestep complements the Council’s wider £200m #RCTinvest programme which includes funding for tackling housing issues across the county borough, including affordable homes for first-time buyers and regenerating empty properties. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

This programme has already seen the launch of Homestep Plus in partnership with United Welsh, in which residents can select an empty property currently for sale on the housing market (in the Pontypridd area) and it will be bought and refurbished for them, and then sold to them at an affordable price. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

Last month the Council also announced grants of up to £20,000 were available to those buying a property which has stood empty for at least six months, to help with the cost of refurbishing it and turning it into a home for themselves. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

The latest properties on offer via Homestep are as a result of a partnership with Llanmoor Homes. Four new properties have been released for Homestep, all of which are due to be completed this month. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

The two-bedroom homes, which are the Chelsea Model, are end link or mid link and on sale for between £87,496.50 and £88,196.50 but have a market value of up to £126,000. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

Buyers will purchase 70 per cent of the property and the remaining 30 per cent equity will be retained for them. There is no interest to pay on the retained equity and the purchaser can opt to buy it at a later date. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

Cllr Joy Rosser, Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s Cabinet Member for Prosperity, Wellbeing and Communities, said: “Homestep is one of our long-standing initiatives to provide affordable homes for first-time buyers. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

“Its aims and objectives meet the current focus of the three-year #RCTInvest programme which is supporting a range of service area including housing, affordable housing and managing empty properties. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

“Those looking for a house to buy in Rhondda Cynon Taf now have a wide range of initiatives to choose from, thanks to the work of the Council and its partners. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

“The initiatives are not dependent on your income or working status. All residents are considered. If you are interested in owning a brand-new home at a fraction of the market price or interested in securing grant funding to enable you to modernise and refurbish a currently-empty property, please get in touch.” ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​



Spotted something? Got a story? Email News@News.Wales



More from Rhondda Council

Planned Children’s Home in Rhondda Requires Planning Permission, Councillors Decide

Rhondda Council

Plans Approved for Residential Care Home for Children in the Rhondda Fach

Rhondda Council

Petition against Reservoir Emptying Gains Hundreds of Signatures

Rhondda Council

Pontypridd Community Centre Reopens After Extensive Refurbishment

Rhondda Council

Residents Raise Concerns Over Five-Bedroom HMO Plans in Rhondda

Rhondda Council

Final Decision Pending on Rhondda Children’s Home Planning Permission Application

Rhondda Council

Latest from News.Wales

Dealing with Fly-Tipping in Wrexham: Local Authority Spends £21,500 in Efforts to Combat Issue

Wrexham Council

Crackdown on Illegal Vapes Sees Over 6,000 Seized in Wrexham, Concerns Over Impact on Children’s Health

Wrexham Council

Residents in Cardiff Apartments Welcome Developer Offer to Address Structural Issues

Cardiff Council

Chairman of Council Committee Resigns Amid Claims of Undermined Independence

Monmouthshire Council

Audit Wales Report Highlights Lack of Understanding of Powys Residents’ Needs by Senior Council Chiefs

Powys Council

Former Village School in Carmarthenshire Transformed into Community Hub and Cafe

Carmarthenshire Council