Posted: Thu 24th Mar 2016

Smoke Alarm Alert Occupant Of A Fire In Blaenau Ffestiniog

This article is old - Published: Thursday, Mar 24th, 2016

Firefighters from Blaenau Ffestiniog attended a fire in a property in Llain y Maen, Blaenau Ffestiniog at 7.00pm on Tuesday 22nd March. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

The cause has been established as a cooker accidently switched on igniting items. This resulted in slight smoke damage to the property and a man was taken to hospital by ambulance. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

Stuart Millington, Senior Fire Safety Manager, said, “A smoke alarm activated and alerted the occupant of the fire. This incident again proves how vital it is for everyone to have smoke alarms installed in their homes, as they will give an early warning of a fire. They must be maintained regularly by testing the battery once a week and changing it as per manufactures instruction. ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​

“If you do discover a fire you should not try and tackle it yourself. Get out of the property immediately, close all doors behind you, call for the fire and rescue service and stay out. You should never, under any circumstances re-enter the property. For further information on fire safety visit www.nwales-fireservice.org.uk“ ‌​‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​​



Spotted something? Got a story? Email News@News.Wales



More from Fire Service

Powerful Support Kits Out Pontarddulais Fire Cadets

Fire Service

High Sheriff Of Powys Visits Newtown Drill Session

Fire Service

Trolley Clean Up On The River Tawe

Fire Service

Family Alerted To Chip Pan Fire By Smoke Alarm

Fire Service

Controlled Heather And Grass Burning Awareness Events

Fire Service

Swans And MAWWFRS Launch Fire Cadet League

Fire Service

Latest from News.Wales

Empty Homes in Monmouthshire Decrease Following Council Tax Premium Agreement

Monmouthshire Council

New Recycling Contract Worth £375,000 to be Scrutinised by Blaenau Gwent Councillors

Blaenau Gwent Council

Former Bowling Alley and Fruit Warehouse in Tonyrefail to be Transformed into Affordable Homes by 2025

Rhondda Council

Cardiff Council Sees Increase in Primary School Applications Refused

Cardiff Council

Swansea Council to Phase Out Green Plastic Bags for Kerbside Recycling

Swansea Council

Dealing with Fly-Tipping in Wrexham: Local Authority Spends £21,500 in Efforts to Combat Issue

Wrexham Council